88.4 The Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist gets good consumer ratings. It is feature rich and has 600 built-in stitches, 5 alphanumeric fonts, 13 automatic one-touch buttonholes and many, many more features. Consumers report that this sewing machine is very easy to use and that it produces consistent, quality stitches. However some folks find that the manual is not very easy to understand and that the machine is so full of features that they are a little overwhelmed. [REF Singer Sewing Machine Reviews]
Consumer ratings for the Singer 9960 are quite good and average a respectable 88.4 out of 100. Ratings are provided in the table below.
|Amazon||4.7 stars out of 5||15|
|HSN||4.4 stars out of 5||77|
|Jo-Ann||3 stars out of 5||2|
A review of consumer comments from various sites has provided the following likes and dislikes.
- Easy to get up and running
- Automatic thread cutter
- Large array of stitches
- Speed control
- Self-threading needle feature
- Machine feels solid
- A number of owners report that the machine almost never jams
- Clear LCD screen
- Manual can be tricky to understand sometimes
- So many features some folks report getting a bit lost
- Does not include a DVD with detailed instructions
You can read more customer reviews for the Singer 9960 on Amazon
Consumers like the machine for its ease of use and ability to sew through thick fabric. Owners report that it produces consistent stitches and that it is relatively quiet. There are also several positive comments about the many presser feet that are included. A few folks have indicated problems with the bobbin popping out however and a number of people really wish the unit came with a DVD to help them learn more about the machines many features.
Key Sewing Machine Features
- 600 Built-in stitch patterns
- Stitch editing capabilities (can control stitch elongation and do mirror imaging)
- 13 automatic one-touch buttonholes
- Five alphanumeric fonts
- Automatic thread cutter
- LCD control screen (displays stitch details, tension settings and presser foot recommendations)
- 25 year warranty
- Automatic needle threading
- Adjustable stitch length and width
- Start/stop button
- Needle up/down feature
- Twin needle control
- Automatic tension control
- Top drop-in bobbin
- Presser feet lift extra high to accommodate thick materials or multiple layers
- Drop feed capable
- Free arm
- Speed control
- Extension table provides extra sewing area
- 2 LED sewing lights (100,000 hr lifetime)
- Automatic bobbin winding clutch
- 25 needle positions
- Automatic reverse
- Maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute
- On board storage for accessories
- Presser feet snap into place
- Electronic foot controller
- And more... there are many, many features on this sewing machine.
Following is a sample of stitches from the 9960...
The Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist comes with many different presser feet and a host of other accessories. The presser feet provided include an all-purpose foot, an overcasting foot, a cording foot, a quarter inch foot, an open toe foot, a blind hem foot, a buttonhole foot, a button sewing foot, a zipper foot, a satin stitch foot, an even feed foot and a darning & embroidery foot. Accessories include needles, bobbins, spool caps (large and small), a seam ripper and seam guide, a brush, an auxiliary spool cap, two screwdrivers, a quilting bar and more.
The Quantum Stylist is powered by a DC motor and it has an aluminum frame. The unti weighs about 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs). It also does not require oiling as it is permanently lubricated. It carries a 25 year limited warranty but it should be noted that this is only on the sewing machine head. Electronic components have a 5-year warranty and adjustments, belts, bulbs, rings and attachments only carry a 1-year warranty.
Note: A number of sites report that the machine includes a hard dust cover however we have noticed that some consumers lament the fact that the machine does not come with any kind of cover it is a fact worth checking with the retailer if you are interested in this sewing machine.
Sewing Machine Video
The following video is essentially a commercial but it does show many of the Singer Quantum Stylist sewing machines features.
POST YOUR COMMENTS