96.0 This sewing machine is said to retail for over 800USD (which seems a little high) but it is available online for a fraction of this cost. Reviews are very hard to find but those available indicate that owners are very happy with their Juki and feel it is a quality sewing machine. But it does not come with a computer interface. [REF Juki Sewing Machine Ratings]
Probably two areas that stand out in the limited consumer write-ups available for the HZL-27Z are that it is a very sturdy and well-built sewing machine, and that it is more than capable of dealing with thick materials. It is also considered to be relatively quiet. Some folks however lament the fact that there is no computer interface and that the machine works a little differently than most so setting it up and using it take getting used to. Although consumers indicate that once you are used to it there are no issues.
A review of the few consumer comments found indicate the following common Juki HZL-27Z likes and dislikes:
- Sturdy and solid machine
- Effective on thick materials
- Foot raises higher for thicker materials
- Plenty of stitching options
- Operating manual is easy to understand
- No computer interface
- Setup and use takes some getting used to
As mentioned, consumer ratings for this sewing machine are hard to find and only a few have been found (on Amazon). They indicate a very high level of satisfaction with this model of Juki sewing machine but it is important to remember that this is a very small sample size.
|Amazon||4.8 stars out of 5||4|
Key sewing machine features.
- Automatic needle threader
- Changeable needle position
- LED light for needle entry area
- Stitch selection dial and 22 stitch patterns
- Drop-in bobbin with built-in bobbin winder
- 7 point feed dog (allows for consistent feeding of both lightweight and heavier materials).
- 4-step buttonholing
- Presser feet that snap on
- Reverse feed lever
- Free arm & accessory box
This machine is marketed as capable of sewing different material weights quite easily, from light-weight materials to denim. Consumers have indicated that it is indeed good on light to heavy-weight materials. In addition, it comes with a number of accessories including a zipper foot and buttonhole foot, extra bobbins and needles. An easy to understand (according to owners) instruction manual is also included.
The Juki HZL-27Z weighs 13 lbs and carries the following warranty in the USA:
- Five years for mechanical defects
- 2 years for electrical defects
- 90 days adjustments on defects in material or workmanship
The Juki website has a HZL-27Z brochure (just 2 pages) that shows some of the machines features. It is worth a look if you are considering this sewing machine.
POST YOUR COMMENTS