92.6 The general consensus is that this is a great sewing machine. It doesnt have a computer interface but a number of owners actually like this, and it gets a lot of praise for being able to sew through heavy duty materials easily. Consumers also feel that it is a sturdy machine but some struggle a bit with the front loading bobbin. [REF Janome Sewing Machine Ratings]
There is high praise for this machine and most owner comments allude to the great speed, ease of use and sturdiness of the HD1000. Another popular feature is the units ability to easily sew through heavy duty materials or multiple layers of material. There are few complaints and the ones mentioned (like the front loading bobbin or the short foot pedal cord) tend to be more of minor annoyances. Likes and dislikes from consumer comments are shown below.
- Sews through multiple layers of material easily
- Solid construction (sturdy)
- Instruction manual is easy to follow
- Very fast (in terms of stitches per minute)
- Bobbin is not top-loading (it is front loading)
- Foot pedal cord is a little short
Consumer ratings are not easy to find for this machine but some were dug up. They indicate a very high level of satisfaction with the HD1000. See the table below. All-in-all the Janome HD1000 gets an average score of 92.6 out of 100.
|Amazon||4.6 stars out of 5||19|
|Mr Vac & Mrs Sew||5 stars out of 5||2|
Key Sewing Machine Features
- 14 built in stitches (selected via a dial)
- Max sewing speed of 840 stitches per minutes
- 4 step buttonhole
- Cast aluminum body
- Built in needle threader
- Free arm
- Lever for reverse stitching
- Dust cover
- High presser foot lift (easy to fit in bulky fabrics)
- Thread tension control (lay-in)
- Drop feed capability
- Stop motion type bobbin winder
- Snap on/off presser feet
- Thread cutter
- Two thread spool holders (for dual needle sewing)
- Electronic foot control
- Accessory storage compartment
The group of 14 stitches include utility stitches and stretch stitches (and a 4 step buttonhole). Stitches are selected via a dial and one can also select the stitch width (5 mm max) and stitch length (4mm max). In addition, there are metric and standard measurement markers on the needle place for convenience.
The Janome HD1000 comes with a wide range of accessories including several feet buttonhole foot, hemmer foot, and zipper foot. There are also bobbins, needles, felt and a hem guide. In addition, two screwdrivers are provided. The HD1000 weighs a fairly hefty 7.6kg and it carries a 25-year limited warranty.
Sewing Machine Videos
Following are three great videos showing the Janome HD1000 at work.
Sewing Machine Manual
If you want even more information on the Janome HD1000 you may want to browse through the manual. You can check it out here.
PSOT YOUR COMMENTS