98.4 The Janome DC5100 gets glowing reviews and ratings from owners. This is a structurally solid and quiet sewing machine with a tremendous number of features and accessories. It is also fast, smooth, and it easily sews through multiple layers of fabric. However, like many good things, it is expensive and it retails for as high as $899. But you should be able to find it for much less, and $599 is a commonly quoted price online.
As mentioned, this is an expensive machine however consumers do not seem to complain about the cost of the DC5100. Rather, they discuss how pleased they are with their purchase. This is generally indicative of a good buy. You may wish to look at the DC5100 consumer reviews on Amazon to see what folks are saying.
Only a small number of ratings were found online but there were enough to indicate a common sentiment among owners - and that is "we like this sewing machine". Ratings and sources are shown in the table below.
|5 stars out of 5
|4.7 stars out of 5
|Mr Vac & Mrs Sew
|5 stars out of 5
|5 stars out of 5
There are no negative comments regarding this sewing machine, although one should bear in mind that only 12 reviews/ratings were found. Owners are very pleased that the DC5100 is powerful enough to sew through many layers of material (or very thick material) and that it sews smoothly and quietly. There are also a number of comments alluding to the sturdiness of the unit there is a perception that it is solid and structurally sound.
We also note that there is very little written about user confusion or difficulty in operation. Rather, owners seem to feel the machine is fairly easy to use despite its myriad of features. Also, the manual is praised for being descriptive and detailed.
We have highlighted pros and cons below:
- Powerful motor
- Easily sews through thick fabrics
- Feels well-made and sturdy
- Sews smoothly, even at high speeds
- Many options and still user friendly
- Includes a very good instruction manual (lots of pictures and graphics)
- Fairly quiet
- Includes many attachments
- Stitches can be modified then placed into memory for easy access
Key Sewing Machine Features
- Maximum sewing speed of 820 stitches per minute
- 167 built-in stitches
- 5 one-step buttonholes
- 50 pattern memory
- LCD screen with control touchpad
- Can choose English, Spanish or French language
- Automatic thread tension control (via a dial)
- Automatic needle threader
- Presser feet that snap into place
- Presser feet can be lifted extra high (to accommodate thick or multiple layers of fabric)
- 7-piece feed dog
- Drop feed capable
- Free arm extension
- Reverse button
- Locking stitch button
- Can store 50 customized stitches in memory
- Maximum stitch width of 7mm
- Maximum stitch length of 5 mm
- Auto-declutch bobbin winding
- Needle up/down
- Speed control via sliding knob
- Hard cover
Accessories & More
Today most sewing machines include a number of accessories and the DC5100 is no exception. It comes with a remarkable number of sewing feet as well as other nice additions. The sewing feet provided are as follows:
- Even feed foot
- Overedge foot
- ¼ inch seam foot
- Darning foot
- Straight stitch foot
- Zig zag foot
- Satin stitch foot
- Zipper foot
- Blind hem foot
- Automatic buttonhole foot
In addition, the machine comes with bobbins, a needle set, a seam ripper, a screwdriver, a spool base and spool pin felt, spool holders, a spool stand, a lint brush, an extra spool pin, a quilting guide, an instruction manual, a foot controller, a power cord, and a hard cover. If you wish you can view these on page 7 of the manual referred to at the bottom of this article.
The DC5100 is covered by a 25 year warranty - but like many sewing machines when you look more closely this breaks down into 25 years on mechanical parts, 2 years on electricals, and 1 year on labor.
Sewing Machine Manual
If you would like to learn more about the Janome DC5100 you may wish to view the instruction manual. It can be seen here.
POST YOUR COMMENTS