95.7 This is a computerized sewing machine with 50 built-in stitches, a host of features and many accessories. Consumer ratings are very good, however we should note that ratings for almost all of the Janome sewing machines we have reviewed are very good. The DC2012 is quiet, has even stitching, 3 one-step automatic buttonholes and many, many additional features. It also includes a hard case and quite a few accessories. This machine is not cheap however and one can expect to pay almost $500.
As mentioned the DC2012 gets great owner ratings. These ratings yield an average score of 95.7 out of a possible 100. While the ratings are impressive this is about average for the Janome machines we have had the opportunity to review to date, and several, including the Janome HD3000, the Janome DC2011, the Janome Jem Gold 660, the Janome 7330 Magnolia, and the Janome 8077 have surpassed this score.
Janome appear to make very well-liked sewing machines and the DC2012 doesnt disappoint. The following table provides a list of sources and consumer ratings.
|Amazon||4.7 stars out of 5||27|
|Mr Vac & Mrs Sew||5 stars out of 5||9|
|SewVacDirect||5 stars out of 5||1|
The DC2012 does almost everything well. Most consumer comments for the DC2012 are glowing and many folks report having given up their Singer or Brother machine for this Janome and being very pleased with their decision. It runs quiet and the stitches are smooth and even. But there are comments (although few) indicating that sewing corners can be difficult.
The machine comes with a hard case which helps keep the dust off when it is sitting for long periods. But the handle on the machine is not as sturdy as some would like. One owner cited some concern that the handle might fail when the machine is being transported. The Janome DC2012 is well-liked for its ability to easily sew through thick fabric (or multiple layers or fabric). In addition a number of owners are pleased with the machines variable speed capability.
A list of common owner likes and dislikes are provided below:
- Automatic buttonholes work great
- Good for quilting
- Having a hard case included is nice
- Very quiet and smooth
- Even stitching
- Capable of sewing through both thick and thin materials
- Fairly good manual easy to understand
- Includes many presser feet
- One comment that the machine does not sew a perfect corner
- Carry handle seems a bit flimsy
You can read more customer reviews for the Janome DC2012 on Amazon.
Key Sewing Machine Features
- Automatic needle threader
- 15 needle positions
- Built-in thread cutter
- 2-digit LED control panel
- Easy stitch selection buttons (below LED panel)
- drop feed switch (for free motion quilting)
- 50 built-in stitches
- 3 one-step automatic buttonholes
- Reverse stitch capable (via button)
- Lock stitch button
- Tension control
- Hard case
- Superior Feeding System
- Top loading bobbin (also jam-proof)
- Auto-declutch bobbin winder
- Needle up/down position button
- Electronic speed control (via slider mechanism)
- Pattern stop button
- Clear, see-through bobbin cover (allows you to see when thread is running out)
- Automatic stitch width and length setting
- Stitch length and width adjustment button (if you want to over-ride automatic settings)
(width 0-7mm, length 05mm)
- Electronic foot pedal
- Carrying handle
- Extra high presser foot lift (allows you to get heavy fabric or multiple layers under the foot)
- Snap on presser feet
- Halogen light for illuminating sewing area
The DC2012 includes lock-o-matic, overcasting, decorative, darning, and heirloom stitches. The machine has the stitch chart on the side for reference and a reproduction of the stitch chart is provided below:
At 18.2 lbs this isnt really a lightweight machine, unlike the Janome 2212 which weighs 13.2 lbs for example. But there are heavier machines like the Janome HD3000. The DC2012 comes with a host of accessories including a number of presser feet walking foot, automatic buttonhole foot, blind hem foot, overedge foot, satin stitch foot, ¼ inch seam foot, zipper foot. Also included are: needles, bobbins, a screwdriver, a seam ripper, a quilter bar, large & small spool holders, a lint brush and felt. In addition, an instruction manual (which is reportedly fairly easy to understand and quite detailed) is provided.
The DC2012 carries a 1-year warranty on labor, 2-years on electrical parts, and 25 years on mechanical parts.
POST YOUR COMMENTS