96.8 The Janome 8077 computerized sewing machine is getting very good consumer ratings and reviews. Reviews are limited however, but those that were found indicate that consumers have very few negative things to say about this machine. 8077 owners praise its quiet operation, light weight and ability to easily sew through thick fabrics.[REF Janome Sewing Machine Ratings]
A review of consumer comments and ratings from various quality sites has indicated the following Janome 8077 likes and dislikes. From the disproportionate number of PROS to CONS it is fairly easy to see that consumers have many good things to say about this machine and not much to complain about.
- Instructions are simple and straightforward
- Good built-in stitches
- Needle threading is a breeze
- Sews through thick fabrics fairly easily
- Good for all levels of sewers
- No dvd with instructions
You can read more detailed customer reviews for the Janome 8077 on Amazon.
Consumer ratings from top sites have been collated in the table below. A weighted average has also been calculated giving this sewing machine a SCORE = 96.8.
|Amazon||4.7 stars out of 5||7|
|Mr Vac & Mrs Sew||5 stars out of 5||5|
|Ciao||5 stars out of 5||1|
Key Sewing Machine Features
The Janome 8077 comes with 30 built-in stitches which include 6 one-step buttonholes. You can see the stitches below:
The sewing machine is fairly lightweight at 19 lbs and has a carrying handle. There is also an automatic needle threader (which consumers feel works very well), an LED screen that allows you to choose stitches and adjust stitch width and length, and a precision tension dial. Other features include:
- Auto-declutch bobbin winder
- Reverse stitch button
- One hand thread cutter
- 7 feed teeth box feeding system
- Extra high presser foot accommodates thick fabrics
- See-through bobbin cover
- Top loading bobbin
- Jam proof
- 15 needle positions
- Free arm (for doing things like pants legs or shirt sleeves)
- Control buttons: start/stop, reverse, pattern stop, needle up/down
- Start/stop button that allows sewing without the foot controller
- All purpose foot, automatic buttonhole foot, zipper foot, satin stitch foot (for dense zig-zag stitching)
This machine also comes with quite a few accessories such as a screwdriver, extra needles, bobbins, seam ripper, spool pin, and spool caps. The Janome 8077 carries a manufacturers limited 25 year warranty. You can read more about the features and view the Janome 8077 on Amazon.
POST YOUR COMMENTS