91.2 The Singer Fashion Mate 7256 is well liked by owners and ratings are very good. This Singer sewing machine, along with the Stylist 7258, are consumer favorites. The machine has 70 built-in stitches and a host of other features including an LCD screen with stitch selections, an automatic needle threader and 13 needle positions. Consumers also report that the Fashion Mate is very easy to get up and running. However, some owners comment on the limited illumination provided by the LED light and the fact that the machine sometimes struggles on heavier material. [REF Singer Sewing Machine Reviews]
Ratings for the Singer Fashion Mate are generally very good and this machine averages 91.2 out of a possible 100. This is higher than most Singer sewing machines we have investigated. The only other machine that scored higher was the Singer Stylist 7258. High scores are fairly consistent across all sources.
|Amazon||4.7 stars out of 5||12|
|Walmart||4.5 stars out of 5||50|
|Viewpoints||4.45 stars out of 5||7|
|Sewing Machines Plus||5 stars out of 5||5|
Most owners really like the Singer 7256 and a number of consumers report on how quickly they got the machine up and running after unpacking it. Some consumers also describe the sewing machine as very intuitive to use. In addition, a number of folks mention that the Fashion Mate sews smoothly and that it is fairly quiet. This unit is lightweight and owners report being able to lift it easily.
However consumers do feel that the LED light is too dim to properly light up the sewing area and a few recommend buying a separate light. Some owners also report that the bobbin winding can be difficult.
A list of common likes and dislikes is provided below:
- Includes instruction DVD
- Easy to get up and running
- Needle threading feature works well
- Easy bobbin winding
- Changing stitches is simple
- LED light is dim
- Struggles on heavier material
- No quilting table
- Reverse stitch button is a bit sensitive
You can read more customer reviews for the Singer Fashion Mate on Amazon.
Key Sewing Machine Features
- instruction DVD with sewing tips from Martha Stewart
- 70 stitch patterns (6 buttonhole, 8 basic, 8 stretch, 48 decorative)
- 6 different 1-step buttonholes
- LCD screen showing stitch settings
- Control panel with push button stitch selection
- Ability to set both stitch length and width
- Horizontal threading
- Automatic needle threader
- Snap-on presser feet
- Easy bobbin winding
- Drop-in bobbin (top loading with see-though cover)
- Accessory storage
- Free motion stitching
- Thread tension control
- LED light good for 100,000 hrs
- Auto-tie off function for decorative and straight stitches
- Automatic reverse button
- Maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches per minute
- Automatic bobbin winding clutch
- Extra high presser foot lift capability
- 13 needle positions
- Twin needle capable
A chart showing all the Singer Fashion Mate stitches can be found below.
The Singer Fashion Mate 7256 also includes a DVD that has instructions and projects from The Martha Stewart Show. In addition, it has a dust cover and a host of accessories that can be stored on-board. Accessories include 5 presser feet (zipper foot, special purpose foot, blind hem foot, all-purpose foot, buttonhole foot), bobbins, needles, an auxiliary spool pin, felt discs, a screwdriver, and a darning plate.
The Fashion Mate also has a carry handle and is backed by a 25-year warranty on parts, a 5-year warranty on electronics and 1-year labor.
Sewing Machine Manual
This is a very detailed manual and worth a look if you are interested in this machine. Check out the manual here.
POST YOUR COMMENTS