Click to see on Amazon
96.0 The Janome HD3000 is a sturdy sewing machine that is getting great reviews and ratings from owners. It feeds material smoothly, is capable of dealing with thick materials, and is also reportedly very easy to operate. Unfavorable comments are few but some consumers feel that the stitch selection light is a little dim and the turn wheel a bit stiff. [REF Janome Sewing Machine Reviews]
Consumer Ratings for the HD3000 are few but some were found and they indicate a high level of satisfaction with this particular sewing machine. Ratings are all in the good-to-excellent range with no ratings below 4 stars out of 5. The average score calculated for this machine is a very healthy 96 out of 100.
| Source|| Consumer Ratings|| #Ratings|
| Amazon|| 4.9 stars out of 5|| 8|
| Mr Vac & Mrs Sew|| 4 stars out of 5|| 1|
Most comments related to the HD3000 endorse the sewing machine as can be seen in the list of likes and dislikes below, although there are a few `cons`.
- Comes with a good manual
- Easy to operate
- Includes a hard cover
- Capable of sewing through thick fabric or multiple layers of thinner fabric
- Has a storage compartment
- Feed dogs move material smoothly
- Stitch selection light is hard to see
- Some owners comment that the turn wheel is a bit stiff
You can read more customer reviews for the Janome HD3000 on Amazon
Key Sewing Machine Features
- 18 stitches (a flip up stitch panel shows all of the stitches and also corresponding sewing feet)
- Stitch selection dial
- Aluminum body
- Adjustable stitch length and width (via slider controls on the machine – max width = 6.5mm, max length = 4mm))
- Includes hard cover
- Foldable carrying handle
- 1-step auto size buttonhole
- Automatic needle threader
- Top loading, jam proof bobbin (easy to change and has clear cover)
- 7 piece feed dog
- Drop feed (useful for free motion quilting)
- High presser foot lift capability
- Snap on presser feet
- Adjustable presser foot pressure dial
- Built-in thread cutter
- Reverse stitch lever
- Manual thread tension
- On-board storage for presser feet
- Auto-declutch bobbin winder
- Electronic foot control
- Face plate
- Hook cover plate
- Needle plate
Several presser feet are provided with the sewing machine and these include a satin stitch foot, a zipper foot, a zig-zag foot, a hemmer foot, an automatic buttonhole foot, an overedge foot, and an adjustable blind hem foot. Accessories also include a seam ripper, a lint brush, a large and small screwdriver, spool pins & felt, large and small spool holders, a lint brush, a needle set, a quilting bar and 4 bobbins.
The Janome HD3000 carries a 25 year warranty on parts, a 5 year warrant on electrical and a 1-year warranty on labor. The machine, with its aluminum frame, weighs 18.7lbs (8.5kg).
Sewing Machine Video
This video provides a great overview of the sewing machine features and capabilities. It is definitely worth a watch if you are in the market for a Janome.
Sewing Machine Manual
You can check out the HD3000 manual here if you wish. It is quite a large file but it has a tremendous amount of detail.
POST YOUR COMMENTS